How to book a train ticket using Paytm simple, easy steps
Booking train tickets can be confusing for some users, but now Paytm has overcome this process by allowing Paytm users to book a train ticket using Paytm in few simple, easy steps through their Paytm application, Using Paytm user can even book tatkal tickets and special tickets for ladies as well lets see how to book train ticket using Paytm.
Tatkal train ticket booking using Paytm-
Tatkal tickets on Paytm are available after 30Min of the opening of the TATKAL window on IRCTC.
Advantages of using Paytm for ticket booking-
1. More user-friendly control.
2. Immediate return on cancellation of Paytm account.
3. Fast and secure transaction.
4. Ticket status update.
5. PRN status update
6. Pay ticket amount using Paytm Balance
7. Paytm help and support.
Prerequirment for booking, ticket using Paytm are-
1) IRCTC Account username and password details.
2) Paytm balance or Debit card, credit card.
Simple, easy steps to book train ticket using Paytm are-
1) Open the Paytm application on your Apple or Android device.
2) Select Train option from book form Paytm option to book ticket using Paytm.
3) A train booking screen will appear.
4) In booking screen option given is “From,” “To,” “Departure Date.”
5) In “From” choose from where you want to travel from (origin city).
6) In “To” choose where you want to travel (destination City).
7) In “Departure Date” choose the date when you to travel.
8) For a quick date selection Paytm also provide “Today and tomorrow” option for quick choice for your desired destination.
9) If you also want to view both AC and non-AC trains tickets tick the “Show both non-AC and AC coaches” bellow “departure date.”
10) Press on “Search train” to view trains.
11) If the train for the selected “date” is available, it will show the list of trains available on the given “date.” Otherwise, it will provide the “dates” nearby your “date” on which trains are available for your given destination. Select the “date” suitable for your travel.
12) After a section of the date, a list of the train will give for the specific “date.” (Train Name with Departure and arrival time).
13) Select the suitable train form the given list.
14) You can even sort train list according to given options such as-
3. “Departure” – “Earliest to late” or “Late to Earliest” and
4. “Arrival” – “Earliest to late” or “Late to Earliest.”
15) You can also filter train from the according to given option such as-
1. “Non AC,”
2. “AC,” “Departure time” – “Morning to Evening,”
3. “Arrival” – “Morning to Evening,”
4. “Origin station” and
5. “Destination Station.”
16) After sorting and filtering select the train which is suitable for you.
17) Select the Quota in which you want to book tickets. (General, Ladies or Tatkal)
18) After section, the train selects the ticket class according to your choice-
1. General, Sleeper Class,
2. AC 3 tier (3A),
3. AC 2 tier (2A),
4. First Class AC (1A),
5. AC chair or
6. Non AC chair
19) If the train tickets aren’t available for the chosen date, you can use “check future availability” option to view future “dates” on which tickets will be available. If the “ticket” is available, it will show in green color, if the “tickets” have a low probability of getting confirmed it will show in “orange color” and if the “ticket” has a very low possibility of getting “confirmed” it will show in red color.
20) While selecting a ticket, it will also show the price of the “ticket.”
21) Select the ticket of your choice.
22) Selecting ticket IRCTC window will appear, it will ask you for your IRCTC username.
23) Read the instruction carefully and enter the valid IRCTC username and press to proceed.
24) “traveler information” screen will appear to enter the traveler information in “add details.”
2. “Full Name,”
4. ”Berth preference” and
25) To add child chose the “(add child 0-4 yrs)” option or to add adult traveler chose “add adult (5+ yrs)” form “Traveler Information” section.
26) After filling the traveler information go to additional preferences on the given screen.
27) “Additional preferences” (optional), With an Additional preferences section option available, are “Consider, for auto upgradation” by this option your ticket might get upgraded to a higher class then your reservation in some cases, “Reservation Choice” this option will let you chose your ticket allotment, it will provide you with various “options” such as-
1. Book, only if at least one lower berth is allotted.
2. Book, only if two lower berths are allotted.
3. Only confirm.
5. Book, only if all berths are allotted in the same coach.
28) Select the Additional preferences according to your choice.
29) Enter GST for TAX benefits (optional).
30) “Contact Information” Such as-
1. Mobile number,
31) Your Tickets and related information will sent to the contact which you’ll provide in the “Contact Information” section.
32) Read the cancellation policy if required.
33) Tick on “I agree.”
34) Tick on “Free Travel insurance” if the option is given.
35) To book tickets press on “Proceed to book.”
36) Again IRCTC window will appear it will ask you about your IRCTC password if you remember your IRCTC password chose “I remember my IRCTC password” if you don’t choose “I don’t remember my IRCTC password” then it will ask your registered email to recreate the password.
37) Then press on “continue booking” to continue.
38) Then Paytm will show you the review of your Ticket.
39) If you have a Promo code, press on “have a promo code?” on the Review screen.
40) Enter the promo code and press on “Apply.”
41) After reviewing your ticket press on “Proceed to pay to for Rs.0.0.0.0.”(Example).
42) Choose the payment method.
43) If you are using the Paytm wallet amount, tick “Use Paytm wallet” to pay by Paytm wallet balance.
44) If you’re using a debit card, enter the card details and press on pay now.
45) You can also use Paytm balance and another payment method simultaneously.
46) After payment method use IRCTC window will open and ask you for your IRCTC account password.
47) Enter the IRCTC account password and code provided by IRCTC and continue, your ticket will get booked, and the details will be sent to your given contact and also on your Paytm Application.