It would not be an exaggeration to say that GoJek put Indonesia on the world’s innovation map. From being an underdog eclipsed in obscurity, Indonesia bounced into prominence solely because of GoJek and the massive innovation it brought through.
On the surface, it might seem like GoJek introduced the concept of offering multiple services under a single umbrella. While that is undeniably true, GoJek was also responsible for opening up thousands of job opportunities, if not millions. It has been so impactful that Indonesia’s GDP per capita income and the country’s average daily earnings have improved since the introduction of GoJek.
GoJek started as a simple call-center responsible for routing bike taxis. It introduced its first mobile app in 2015 with just four different utilities being offered. Today, the app has expanded to offer more than 20 different services spread across multiple domains. What makes GoJek special is the formidable portfolio of investors that consists of prominent names like Google, Sequoia, Facebook, and PayPal. The company is valued at $10 billion and has been featured in the most innovative companies’ fortune list for two years.
Compressing GoJek’s Offerings
GoJek is, in Essence, an On-demand App.
As the name implies, the’ on-demand’ is a type of service provided to a user only when needed, and they need explicitly expressed by the customer. There has always been a gap concerning identifying a user who needs it and the place where they needed it. This was effectively solved by introducing smartphones coupled with super-fast wireless Internet that can be made available at almost any corner of the planet.
Image Source – gojekcloneapp
By using a combination of GPS, navigation, and a personal profile, it was not only possible to know who wanted the service but also to know where exactly they wanted it. This made it possible for businesses to offer a wide variety of services, and if we were to revisit the services offered, they could be all bucketed under four categories:
Transportation not only includes transporting people from one place to another but also shuttling, carpooling, ridesharing, and even the transportation of parcels from a pick-up location to a drop location.
Delivery encompasses everything that can be delivered from a business location to a user’s doorstep. Deliveries can include food, groceries, and medicines. Generally, these delivery services, similar to transportation, have a network of retailers/businesses, and the “delivery“ alone is handled by the app business using gig workers.
Services at Home –
This segment can be further divided into services for home and personal services at home. The services for homes include services like handyman, plumbing, electrician, gardening, and automobile repair. Some services like beauty, spa, salon, and massage services can be offered to users at their homes’ comfort and convenience. In conjunction with the services that pamper, there are services like babysitting, pet walking, learning and teaching, and a lot more that make life easy for both the service provider and the user who avails of the service.
Remote Services –
The Internet, at its core, it’s all about connectivity. Some expertise does not mandate the presence of the expert physically at the location. They can remotely offer a service through video conferencing facilities. Such services include teaching, tutoring and mentoring, and even medical consultations online. Considering the imposition on physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, these services make a lot of business sense, especially at a time like this.
With the exceptions of the last one, it can be observed that GoJek offers all the other services. They offer some more services that might not be a part of the above-mentioned spectrum, like food festivals, event ticketing, and fuel delivery.
Building a Business Like GoJek
One of the most important aspects of building a business like GoJek is the operational aspect of it. You will need to have a wide network of service providers who do not break the brand’s trust. You will also need to spend a fortune in advertising to ensure that your users stay hooked to your brand.
Another key area to build an app like GoJek is to have the technology in place. To build an app like GoJek is quite cumbersome and a dumping undertaking. Instead of building the app from scratch, you can consider going for a GoJek clone app. A GoJek Clone script is easy to customize and is free from all the bugs that might interfere with the product’s basic functionality.
The customizability also adds to the flexibility of adding or removing services that you might not want. Therefore, a GoJek Clone app makes the entire business available in the shortest possible time and that too, without anything that might hamper the app’s functionality to perfection.
Even if you were to go for a white label clone, it is strongly recommended that you get the hang of the app’s essential features. As you may have inferred, there are three different apps for all the entities involved. There is one app for the user, another for the service provider, and in some cases, one for the delivery executive. There is also an administrator who is responsible for overseeing all the functions and happenings of the app.
- The customer should be able to sign up for the services without any hassle easily. They should, if need be, use legacy login credentials like Google and Facebook. The login should automatically create a profile for them that records all the transactions/services’ entire history. The profile should also record the usual addresses and the usual order patterns to be suggested with any new introductions that match with their patterns.
- Since the multi-services app offers a wide variety of services, the customer should easily browse and search for the services available and add them to the cart.
- The GPS forms the crux of the entire on-demand revolution. The GPS should help The customer supply information about their location to the delivery executives/service experts and give them life and real-time updates on their order/delivery progress.
- The entire system is made democratic by introducing a review and rating system. The customer should be able to review and rate the experience with the service provider on a case by case basis. This also helps the business in identifying the best service providers.
- Promotions and discounts are an integral part of any business. In addition to the usual updates about the other progress, the customers should also be notified of new offers and promotions using the push notifications feature.
- Customer support should be made available across multiple platforms like telephone, email, and chat. Incorporating new eight features like AI-enabled chatbots can help in enhancing customer satisfaction.
The Service Provider
- Like the user, the service provider should also easily sign up for the services. However, there should be a process of authorization, identification, and authorization procedures.
- The service provider should be provided with an elaborate dashboard that gives them all the essential information in a snapshot.
- It is to be remembered that the service provider looks at the app as an additional income source. Therefore, the payments should be credited to their bank accounts in the shortest possible time. This enhances the trust that the service provider/business has in your app and allows them to spread the word regarding your existence to benefit from additional businesses joining your app.
- The service provider should be able to toggle their availability and not make them feel obligated to comply with the app business.
The Delivery Executive
The delivery executive might not apply in all cases, but they do hold an important value in the ecosystem in grocery delivery, food delivery, and medicine delivery. These delivery executives are gig workers with their mode of transport.
- The delivery executive should be able to sign up for the services easily. However, there should be a procedure to verify their identity. It is to be remembered that the reputation of the brand is staked on these delivery executives.
- They look for these gig engagements as an additional source of income. They should be credited their earnings as early as possible.
- They should have the power to reject or accept a delivery gig. They should also be able to turn off their availability with the fullest information that the earnings depend on the number of orders delivered.
The administrator is responsible for all the aspects of the app.
- They should manage the content, including but not limited to the featured services, the featured businesses, the promotions, the discounts, and the introduction of new services.
- They should be provided with a dashboard that gives a bird’s eye view of all the important statistics of the app Like the total revenue, the existing commission rates, the total number of active businesses, delivery executives, and users,
- They should have the power to disable or suspend businesses, customers, and delivery executives based on their behavior or any possibilities of malicious activities.
- The administrator is also responsible for customer support. If need be, they should be able to delegate customer support to a dedicated team.
Now that the profitability and feasibility of a multi-services app like GoJek are established, all that is left for you to do is get in touch with a company that specializes in the development and customization of a white label Clone of GoJek. They will take care to understand your business requirement, add or remove features, garnish it with the elements of your brand like the logo and font, and provide the complete app to you, so you can launch your multi-services business in the shortest possible time and reap profits from different avenues.